Saturday, January 26, 2008

Klondike Bar? Not Where I Went...

I just got back from the Klondike derby. Basically it's a contest for each scout troop to put they're skill's to the test. I think we did ok, but our troop was a little loose, meaning we didn't really bring a flag, we didn't stay the full two nights (because it leads into Sunday. They're probably have they're big campfire now), and since we didn't stay the two nights, we don't really pass camp inspection, since they do that last, and we're not they're, so... yeah. But if we did stay, my guess is that we would come in about 3rd, maybe 4th, not sure. It was fun though, we tied knots, went blind folded through an obstical course, and at the end we had to race with our sled for about 1/4 of a mile. It was 13 degrees, and I forgot my lunch, and mess kit for lunch, and a good sleeping bag (I had a sleeping bag, just not a good one).

Well, on the upper side; it was fun.

On the lower side; there are never any Klondike bars there.

No comments: